whitebeagle - View my 'philippines' photos on Flickriver

Sunday, November 21, 2010

DAKBAYAN SA GENERAL SANTOS CITY

Due to Cebu Pacific non-stop seat sale, my friend invited me to visit General Santos City, it really surprised me when she told me that the promo ticket was only Php768 roundtrip (really a great deal ^_^). Without any plan on my mind and no assurance on my sched yet, i told my friend that i can join her for 2-3days only, and still she got a good deal on a weekend sched good for 3 persons, and this is where it all started...... Amazing Race Backpacking of Three Ladies... tsk! tsk! tsk! ^_^

General Santos City or so called "Gensan" is almost 2 hours trip by plane. Cebu Pacific, PAL, and Airphil  has flight in and out on a daily basis with a schedule of as early as 7am, they say that the Gensan Airport is the second largest airport in the Philippines... no wonder when we landed i kept on saying to my friend that among the domestic airport i've been before Gensan Airport was the best for me so far..it was clean, wide runway and very nice comfort room..


Some Interesting Facts about Gensan
  • Known as the Tuna Capital of the Philippines
  • Hometown of the famous Filipino professional boxer and politician Emmanuel "Manny" Dapidran Pacquiao and the fifth female Big Winner of the Pinoy Big Brother Melisa "Melai" Cantiveros
  • Cebuano and Ilonggo are the main dialect spoken in the city. Filipino based on Tagalog is spoken as the National Language. English is also widely used.
  • Kalilangan Festival, is the biggest festival in the City, celebrated every month-end of February.
  • People from GenSan are mostly Roman Catholics. There are also a large number of Protestants and Muslims in the city.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger